May 02, 2017

Pinspiration: "I Do" Ornament

I really like the idea of having a cute ornament to remind me of fun things that have happened throughout my life. So with our wedding a little over a week away(!!!), I am of course thinking of ways to keep these memories alive. Some of my family got B and I a beautiful handmade Christmas ornament this past year for Christmas, and I can’t wait to put it on our tree this year. But, me being me, I totally wanted to make something too. And since you know I’ve been looking for DIYs using Scrabble letters (see herehere and here), when I saw this, I knew it’d be quick, easy and totally adorable!


Here’s what you’ll need:
Scrabble letters (here)
Ribbon
Faux Diamond Ring (here)


Since our wedding day is so close, things are getting crazy, and I don’t have a lot of time to work on DIYs. I wanted to make sure this project was simple, and it really couldn’t get simpler. First you’ll need to find the letters “I”, “D” and “O” in your scrabble letters. Then hot glue the word “do” together. Once that’s dry, glue the “I” on top of the “D” and let this dry.


Then take your faux diamond ring and hot glue it on top of the “O”. While that’s drying, take your ribbon and roughly measure out how long you want it to be. Remember: some live Christmas tree branches can be pretty thick, so leave enough room, just in case. I made mine about 6 inches long. After you cut it to the length you want, hot glue it to the back of the scrabble letters.



And that’s all! Now you’re ready for Christmas AND your wedding day! J Happy planning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment