April 25, 2017

Pinspirations: Scrabble Coasters

One of the first posts I did was a magnetic sign to put on your dishwasher or washing machine to let everyone in your house know if it was clean or dirty (see how to make it yourself, here). When I made this, I had ordered the Scrabble letters from Amazon--no I did not just take them from our Scrabble game! After I completed this project, I didn't know what to do with the remainder of the pieces I had.


Well after some searching for some things to do with the extra pieces I had, I found these adorable coasters.

What you’ll need:
Scrabble letters (here)
Hot glue
Felt cloth

Before you glue anything together, you are going to have to figure out what words you want the coasters to say. I wanted there to be a bit of a theme, so I chose words related to wine and beer. One for me and one for B. I found a sample on Pinterest, but of course changed some of the words to others I liked better. Once I picked my four words for each coaster, I glued the individual letters together to create each word (ie I glued the w-i-n-e together, then did the next word).




I let the glue dry, then I glued each word together. There wasn’t really an order to the words I chose since they all went with a theme. While the glue for all the words were drying, I measured the size of the felt square I’d need. Then I cut out one square for each coaster I made. The color of the felt squares doesn’t really matter, you can make it match or get something completely random, it’s up to you!




After I cut the squares, I took the hot glue and glued the felt square to the bottom of the coaster. This step is completely up to you, but I didn’t want to scratch my coffee table, so I figured this extra piece of protection would be nice. And that’s all! Pretty easy right!?

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea. Will make some for us. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! We have them on our coffee table and use them all the time!

    ReplyDelete