September 04, 2018

Pinspiration: Football Field Coasters

Football season is finally back, and Ben and I could not be more excited. We love the Patriots in our house, but will watch all football equally. A few years ago, after one of our Superbowl wins (ok yes, totally bragging a little here), I found this adorable football field coasters. It was right after the Superbowl, so it was a little late to make them. And when football season came back that fall, I had  forgotten about it.

Well after going back for ideas for the Fall, I found this an thought it would be the perfect time to make it!

Inspo found here

Here's what you'll need:
Squares of terf (here)
White paint

I ended up going to Lowes to see what size artificial terf pieces were sold in. I was prepared to have to buy more than I wanted or needed, because I assumed they would be larger pack size. When I went in, there was a section in the flooring of small samples, in case you wanted to take a few home to compare before committing and buying a lot of. I was very excited about this, because they were the exact size I needed! I can't promise all Lowes have this particular flooring available in samples, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I originally planned on using paper for the numbers, but changed my mind

A few pieces weren't completely straight, so I used scissors to cut off the extra. Then I painted the lines from the field. While the paint was drying, I realized it would be just as dark to paint the numbers. So that's what I did. This way it was all one level, since ya know...it's a coaster, to hold drinks. I think this is a great way to kick off Football season!




No comments:

Post a Comment