April 24, 2018

Pinspiration: Grow

I love when I walk into a store and find something they are selling that I can imitate (is that bad?). I like the challenge to make it, and tweak it in a way that’s more personal to my taste. I haven’t done too many of these DIYs, most are found on Pinterest, but today’s DIY is one of those finds, that I can make my own (for the other see here).

Found at Target in the front $5 section
Here’s what you’ll need:
Wood or Cardboard box (here or here)
Faux Grass (here)
G, R, O & W Letters (here)
Faux Flowers (here)
Paint (optional)


I actually found this cardboard box in the size I was looking for when hunting for a wood box for this project. I didn’t see any wood boxes in the size I wanted, so it worked out. And on top of it I only used the cover, because the box was too deep. I’m sure I’ll find something else to use that box for!

Anyways, I started by painting the cover the color I wanted, purple. I included the inside, where the faux grass would meet the ledge because there were parts of the grass that didn’t quite meet the edge. While the box was drying I painted the letters in the same color. As those dried, I cut the faux grass, because it was a little too big for the box.


When the paint on the box dried, I used hot glue to glue down the faux grass. I held it in place for a minute, then added the letters diagonally from the top left corner to the bottom right corner. I held each letter in place for a moment before moving onto the next letter. The flowers slid easily off the stems, so I decided to add two flowers to the top corner and one to the bottom. Super easy!






No comments:

Post a Comment