March 13, 2018

Pinspiration: Lucky

I posted this Pinspiration last year, but I still really love it, that I wanted to share it again. It's a super simple DIY, just in time for this weekend's St. Patrick's Day.


I found the inspiration at Michaels, when shopping for supplies for other DIYs I was working on. They were selling it at the time, and I thought it was super cute. Naturally, I wanted to put my own touch on it (they have to be aware people are in there to make things themselves right??), so instead of buy it, I decided to try and make it. And here’s how you can too!

Level of difficulty: Easy (see scale at bottom)

What you’ll need:
1 wooden board (here)
White, green and gold and black paint
Wooden letters L U C K Y (unless you want to paint the letters) (here)

If you're also interested in making this a hanging sign, you can start by drilling two holes at the top, about 1 inch in on both sides (you may need to make adjustments based on the size of the wood and where your letters are). String about 12 inches worth of rope (here) thru the holes and tie a knot on each end, so it would stay in place. I don't have a drill to do this, so my sign does not have the holes.


Regardless if you added the holes or not, next you can paint the wood board white and the letters L, C, K, and Y green. Then paint the letter U gold. I added gold glitter over the yellow and some black dots, once each layer of paint was dry, to make it look more like a horse shoe. After of all the pieces were completely dry, in ascending order, I glued each letter, to the wood. And that's it!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone! ☘

Scale of difficulty:
Easy-seriously anyone can do this
Low- tiny bit of skill needed
Medium- Some creativity needed
Hard- a decent amount of creative skill needed
Professional- basically I bought this, or hired someone to do it for me

No comments:

Post a Comment