September 05, 2017

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Granola Bites

I recently joined a BeachBody group challenge, and one of the things that they really focus on is a healthy diet. Not diet as in give-up-all-the-food-you-love-kind, it’s the what-you-eat kind. Far less depressing and more fun (am I totally being tricked into loving this more? I’m not even mad)! Well while doing the challenge (and since) I’ve been trying to find healthier, yet tasty meals and snacks. One of the girls in my group gave me this one, and I’m totally obsessed!

Found originally here

Here’s what you’ll need:
1 cup oats
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup mini chocolate chips
1/3 cup honey
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
The original recipe called for 2/3 cup toasted shredded coconut and 1 tsp vanilla, but I don’t like coconut and I totally forgot about the vanilla, and I still really enjoy these.


I doubled each portion in order to make more, but the above was how much the recipe I found called for. You’ll need a big bowl, mix all ingredients in this bowl. Once everything is completely mixed, roll into balls at whatever size you want and place on a cookie sheet. I like to make small to medium sizes, but it’s completely up to you. Once everything is all rolled out, place the cookie sheet in the fridge so the balls can harden.



I normally leave the tray in my fridge to keep the shape (and I also have the room), but you really only have to leave them in there for a few minutes. If you do take them out, place in an air tight container, but either way enjoy up to a week!


These are seriously addicting, so the hardest part about this, is not eating them all in one sitting! Enjoy!

2 comments: