March 02, 2017

White Lace-Up Dress

Over the summer I fell in love with lace up tops (see here, here and here). At the end of the summer, I found this adorable shift dress while on the hunt for cute options to wear to my Bridal Shower (next week!). I've since found another dress that I think I'll actually wear (stay tuned), but I def still really like this one and have been trying out different ways to incorporate it into my work wardrobe.


In these pics I'm simply wearing the dress itself with some burgundy booties. Simple with a pop of color. But, here's a little secret: those pictures were taken when visiting my parents down south. And, let me tell you, it was a little warmer than Boston, so I could actually wear it like this and be pretty comfortable. But back at home, I'm going to have to wait a few more months before comfortably wearing it like this. So what do I do in the meantime? Layer!!


I def plan on adding a long sleeve tee shirt and possibly tights under this dress for work. This won't take away from the cute details of the dress, but will help keep me warmer. As it gets warmer I can ditch one or both layers, and even switch the long sleeved tee for a short sleeved tee. Don't you love when there a few ways to wear something?


2 comments: