March 01, 2017

Wedding Tips: Creating your own Invitations

With websites like Pinterest out there, more and more brides (and grooms) are creating their own wedding invitations, instead of buying them. It's an easy way to save literally hundreds of dollars, so for those of us with tight budgets, it's a smart way to save. Brides (and grooms) can paint, punch designs, and use lace, etc. to make their own invitations special, and represent themselves as a couple. But what do brides and grooms do if they're not very creative, but want to save money? Many places also now sell kits with blank invitations, RSVP cards, direction cards, and envelopes. They also include a website where there is a format for the specific style you bought.

Here


Here

Personally I think I'm "middle of the road" creative. Just enough to do fun things for Hello, Darlings (and as a hobby), but nothing too crazy. For this reason, I went with an adorable kit from Michaels to create my own invitations, but I didn't have to start from scratch. Michaels, AC Moore and even Walmart have pre-made kits where you can go onto a website, and input your information. At first I thought I'd have to use Microsoft Word and line it up with my invitations. Luckily there was actually a website with a format ready to go!

Here


I'm not sure about the kits from AC Moore or Walmart, but the one I used from Michaels did not have the smoothest website to use. Despite all the headaches caused, the end results were exactly what I wanted. I would definitely recommend using one of these kits as a great way to save money!

3 comments: