December 25, 2018

Pinspiration: Popsicle Sled

Sometimes with all the craziness of the holidays, I like simple and fast DIYs. Well, today's Pinspiration is just that: simple and fast.

Here

Here's what you'll need:
7 Popsicle sticks (5 minis and 2 regular)
twine (here) (optional)
paint (optional)
bell or greenery (here) (optional)
glue
Total Spent: $16.19


I used all regular sized Popsicle sticks for my sleds. So I started by breaking 5 of them in half. Of course that means, the broken end is a little rough. So I used scissors to round it off, then sanded it so no one would get any splinters.


Once all the pieces were cut and sanded, I painted 5 small pieces red and the 4 large pieces brown. I wanted two different colored sleds, so I left one the natural color. Once they were all dry, I glued the two middle pieces together. Then I glued the two small, outer pieces, a little lower than the center pieces. I repeated these steps on both sleds.


I took one of the larger pieces and glued it in the center of one of outer red pieces. Then I repeated this step on the other side. The two brown pieces do need to line up, so keep that in mind when gluing this side down. Again, once they were dry, I then glued the final piece on each sled. I found this to be the hardest piece to glue to the others. I left it up side down and lined up the pieces where I wanted it to sit. Then I slightly lifted each side to glue it together.


I decided not to put bells on my sleds, so I just did the greenery for decoration. I tucked the stem under the top of the sled and glued it in place for a little extra security. Then I took the twine and tied to the sled. Then I also glued the twine to the back of the sled, so I can hang them on my tree! Side note--I did the greenery then the twine. It would have been much easier to do the twine than the greenery.

And that's all! Super cute right?!





No comments:

Post a Comment