November 20, 2018

Pinspiration: Thankful

Today's Pinspiration, I'm really excited about. I find most Thanksgiving decorations are the same, and pretty boring. Naturally, I want to find something a little different. Since the day is all about eating, football, family/friends and what you're thankful for, the decorations are a bit limiting. So when planning what DIYs I wanted to do this month, I found today's inspiration and it was too cute to pass up.

Here

Here's what you'll need:
Wooden Embroidery Oval (here or here)
Faux Flowers & Leaves (the color and size are up to you)
Pine Plaque (herehere or here)
The word "Thankful" (here, here or here)
Paint or stain for the plaque and/or letters
Floral Wire (here)


Since I knew wrapping the flowers and leaves to the wooden embroidery oval would take a while, I started by painting the word "thankful" so it would have time to dry. I ended up painting the letters, but leaving the plank I put them on plain. The plank tied back to the same color as the oval, which I thought looked nice as is. I used a different plank than what is pictured, but I linked one similar above.

If you follow this link to the Pinspiration, they used separate flowers and leaves. I bought the ones I used together, for ease and one less step. Regardless of what style you went with, cut the stems so they end right about the bottom of embroidery oval. Then I took the floral wire and wrapped it around the stems and embroidery oval, to hold them together. I tried to pull it as tight as I could, so nothing moved around. Then I used hot glue on the ends of the wire to secure into place. I also used the hot glue on any stems that looked like they weren't held tightly by the wire.


While this hot glue was drying, I hot glued the "Thankful" sign to the plank of wood. Then, once that was dry, I hot glued the wood plank to the embroidery ring. Because of the flowers, the plank only touched the far left and far right side, but it's enough to hold it altogether!

No comments:

Post a Comment