October 15, 2018

Burgundy Button Up Tank

I apparently did a lot more fall shopping than I realized earlier this summer. I realized that as the weather was getting cooler, I don't have a lot of options for the in between days. I mostly have spring/summer styles and then heavy winter sweaters. I'm not sure if I layered more last year, but this year it seems like I need more light weight tops to get by. So that's been my focus when going shopping.

I gravitated to this top because of the color. I love jewel tone colors, and this definitely falls into that category! Because it's a tank, I started wearing it in August, but a few people told me I looked too much like Fall. And let's be honest, no one wants to rush the end of summer more than me. So I waited.

And NOW it's time! Although, now it's also cooler out, so I have to wear a sweater with it too. Regardless, it's perfect for those days that start out really chilly and end up being closer to 80. Because it has the buttons down the front and the tie, I really don't want to add too much accessories. I did add this thin chain necklace with a moon and a star. But it's the thickest chain I would wear with this. But I've worn it a few times and every time I tend to lean toward different stud earrings.


I also wore this top with my darkest jeans and black peep toe booties. The color in the tank is pretty deep, so I thought it looked funny with lighter jeans. I have, however, also worn this outfit with my caramel colored booties. I think the caramel and burgundy goes really well together. And finally I added this sand colored sweater. As I mentioned, it's getting cooler, so I'll freeze wearing just a tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment