August 07, 2018

Pinspiration: Pineapple Bookends

B and I are totally the people that have a bookshelf actually filled with books. And as our interests continue to grow, so will our library. I can't be the only one to fantasize over the library in Beauty and the Beast, right? Well, at this point, some books, and a few notebooks, have made their way onto my desk and I need a way to help them stand without falling. So I figured why not make a cute bookend to help support them?
Pinspiration found here
Here's what you'll need:
4 pieces of wood (I used these)
2 heavy pineapples (I found two at Home Goods, not out of stock)
Paint (optional)


The pineapples I found are actually for your yard. Which is why they were grey, I'm pretty sure they're made of cement because they're SO heavy. I don't want to keep that grey, so I just painted them white. The top was already gold, so I added a little glitter to it. I painted the wood pieces white and added the gold glitter to keep it consistent.


Once all the paint and glitter dried, I glued the two pieces of wood together. Then I glued the pineapple to the bottom piece of wood. So cute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment