May 29, 2018

Pinspiration: "Hello" A Door Sign

After making this welcome sign last summer, I’ve been on the hunt for cute ones to hang during other seasons as well. Some wreaths can be a little boring, or a little over the top. I think I’m a little picky…

Here
So what do I do when I'm too picky about something...I make my own! Obviously! And when I found this one, I thought it was adorable. And its perfect time for Spring or Summer! So here’s what you’ll need:

Square wood piece (here)
Square wood box (here)
Faux grass (here)
Styrofoam (here)
Red Faux Flower
White paint (optional)
Hot Glue


My square piece of wood was more "distressed" than white, so I added a thin layer of white paint in order to match the box that I had found. As you can see in the original pictures the word "home" was bright pink. I really liked the way the blue and white looked in the Pinspiration, so I also painted the letters blue.


While those were drying (the letters took a few layers to completely cover the pink), I cut enough of the faux grass and used the hot glue to keep it in place in the foam rectangle. Then once everything was dry, I glued the foam rectangle with the grass down into the box, I glued the box to the board, and I glued the word "home" above the box and grass. As you can see in the Pinspiration, there are flowers in the boxes, but I felt that it would have been too much if I did as many, so I glued one to the top right corner of the board. And that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment