July 18, 2017

Pinspiration: Welcome Wreath

Today's Pinspiration is from Ann Le Style

Today we're taking my love of tropical things and bringing it into my home (well more so, I have these really cute palm place mats too). I wanted a cute way to make our home a little more welcoming when people come to visit with a cute wreath for my front door. There are many pre-made options out there, but when I saw this one on Pinterest, I knew I wanted to make it!


Here's what you'll need:
Palm leaves (I got mine at Michaels, but couldn't find it on their website, so here's one similar)
Wire ring (here--I ended up cutting the two inner rings out and only using the two outer rings)
Flower tape
Floral Wire cutters (here--you can use on both the leaves and the wire ring!)


The first thing I did, as I mentioned above, was cut the two inner circle of my wire ring out. All four rings were attached so I cut in between the two center rings. Now I have a small ring that I may try to use in an upcoming DIY! After the rings are separated, use the wire cutters to cut apart the leaves. I did leave a bit of the stem so I had some extra room to attach it to the ring.


The palm leaves I bought were two different shades of green, so I laid them out on the floor to make sure I wasn't putting one color all on one side. Then I took the wire ring, the flower tape and my first "branch" and lined it up where I wanted it to sit on the ring. I started wrapping the floral tape at the end of the branch and worked my way around the ring and branch until I got to the leaf. I did wrap the floral tape in between the leave until I was about halfway up the branch. The end of the next branch lines up roughly with the start of the leaves on the branch before it. If you can, you can wrap the two stems together with the wire, but I was definitely not skilled enough! :)

Continue wrapping each branch until you've completed the whole ring. Feel free to go around a second time and fill in if wanted. I only went around once.

Then for the word welcome, I couldn't find a cardboard style like our Pinspiration, but I did find these cute wooden letters. I glued all of the letters together. Once all the glue was dry, I glued the "W" on top of the leaves on the left side and the last "E" to the other side. I let this dry over night before trying to hang it.


I'm so excited about how this came out! I may leave it up well into fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment