September 27, 2017

Wedding Tips: We're Married! Now What?

Congratulation! You’re married now! Maybe you’re even back from your honeymoon already too. Now that you’re married, there are still a couple of things to accomplish. Just cuz the day has come and gone, does not mean the work is over yet. But don’t worry, there isn’t too much more left to do!

Where do you start?
Write your thank you cards!! As I mentioned here, thanking your guests is SUPER important. The official rule is one year to write them, but who’s going to remember to do it in a year? Also most guests feel it’s a little rude after 6 months. I mean I get life gets busy, but really? They came out for your special day! The least you could do is write a Thank you!


Request an official copy of your marriage certificate from your town clerk. Actually I would request two. SSN office requires an official copy, and I want to have an official copy. Mine took almost 2 weeks to get to me. Why do you need this, you ask? Well, if you or your partner are planning on changing your name, you will definitely need at least one copy. Once you get it, fill out the application to change your name on your SSN card here, and send an official copy to them for their records. It’s a lot easier to change your name with these two pieces done first. But how do you know what else to change?
Here’s a helpful checklist I found of what will need to be updated:


Review all of your vendors. I’m not normally the type to review places I’ve been or businesses I’ve hired, but I felt that this was a really important thing to actually review. Why you ask? Well, I read and reread all of the reviews other brides before me had written about the vendor I was looking at. For me, unlike going to a restaurant, this is the biggest day in me and my husband’s life so far, and there are no re-dos. So if you aren’t happy with a vendor, you kinda have to just suck it up, because it’s too late to change it. I wanted to make sure that all future brides knew my experience with the vendors I hired and why I think they’re be perfect for their day.


Get your dress cleaned and preserved! Esp if you spilled any food or drinks or sweat thru it! Even if you don’t plan on keeping it, cleaning it will help you either sell it for more money or make it more appealing to your future daughter/step daughter/niece/cousin/future daughter-in-law, etc.  I’m actually still on this step myself, so here are a few places that I’m looking into for my dress. If any of you have any places I should check out or any tips, let me know!


Congrats!

2 comments: