September 22, 2017

Best Transitional Pieces

As it gets cooler I start to transition my wardrobe from summer styles to those "in between" looks. Since we can still have pretty warm days into October (it doesn't happen often, but it can happen!), I try to have a few looks that can easily keep me warm, but that isn't too warm, just in case. Here are a few tricks I use every spring and fall to ease me into the next season:

Layers. I mean this feels a little obvious, but wearing a tshirt or tank with a sweater over it is the easiest way to make sure you’re warm in the morning when it’s freezing out, but can cool off easily when it starts to get warm out. Something that I really want to incorporate into my style this fall is wearing pullover sweaters over a dress. I have a few ideas planned already, so stay tuned for that in future posts.
Wearing more flats. As silly as this may sound, as soon as I started wearing my flats again I felt a little warmer. Maybe because they’re closed toe, or maybe it was a mental thing, but simply switching from sandals to flats helped me feel a lot warmer. And because they’re flats and not boots or booties, your feet and legs won’t get too hot if it decided to warm up outside.

Here
Here
Here
Here
Here

While these all seem like simple tricks to dressing for the changing seasons, they are major help when planning for your day. Here are a couple pieces I’m planning on including in my transitional closet:

No comments:

Post a Comment