July 27, 2017

Black Floral Dress

Again with the tropical prints! Luckily summer has just begun so I have plenty of time to wear this a ton!! When I first saw this dress I thought it was just a spaghetti strapped dress. I thought there was a fluttery ruffle around the chest and I had a REALLY hard time choosing between the black or the orange.


I ultimately choose the black (obviously) and when I put it on, I realized the ruffle was actually for the cold shoulder look. For me, that much orange would have felt like a lot. I want to feel like I’m in a tropical paradise, not look like I spent too much time in a tanning bed (looking at you #45)! Luckily the sleeved part is pretty small, so if I want to I can take them off my arms. Then it looks like the ruffle I actually thought it was!


Another thing I realized when I put it on was that it wasn’t a dress that falls right to my knees. It falls to about mid-shin, which was a pleasant surprise. Between the length and the elastic creating cinching, I feel like a flamingo girl from a 1950's club! Can you tell that I’m just in love with this dress??


No comments:

Post a Comment