March 08, 2017

Wedding Tips: Buying the Invitations

As I mentioned last week, one really great way to cut costs on your wedding is to DIY your invitations. DIYing your invitations can range from completely making everything, to buying kits from Michaels, AC Moore or Walmart and printing them (see my thoughts here). But sometimes it’s just easier to buy them and be done with it. I totally understand that, because I actually printed mine at the time during the planning process when I was most stressed about getting everything done. Yes, the thought of “I should have just bought them” did cross my mind. But in the end, I am happy with how they came out, and I really did need a creative way to save money.

Purchase here
If DIYing your own invitations is not your style, where do you buy the invitations and everything that goes with them? Luckily the internet is a wonderful black hole of answers for questions just like this. Since I didn’t personally use any of these, I found a couple sites that were the most popular, along with some that normally get overlooked. Everyone has different needs, so make sure to do a little digging yourself before just ordering away.

Most popular:
Vista Print

Purchase here

Unexpected places:
Staples (mostly kits)
Fedex (purchase or upload)

For the most part, when you choose a site to use, the hardest part will be picking which layout to use (and stomaching the cost). Once you and your partner have selected the template you like, all you have to do is enter your information. Some sites include RSVP cards and additional information cards, while others you have to pay for each on their own (envelopes are included 99% of the time), Then all you have left is to place your order, then you're done! How easy is that ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment