February 21, 2017

Pinspiration: Admit One Ticket Box

Shadow boxes are a really cool way to display more than just pictures. You can store keepsakes from bringing a baby home, memories from vacations and it's also another great way to decorate for holidays. I've always thought shadow boxes were really cool looking and a great added way to represent events from your life or decorate.

Idea found on Pinterest from here

I've been on a search to find something really fun to do with my shadow boxes and I found this ticket box. How cute of an idea is it to have a slit on top so you can add more movie and concert tickets as you go to them?

Here's what you'll need:
1 shadow box (size is completely up to you)
1 cool piece of construction paper
Black paint (optional)

I found this shadow box at Michaels and new right away I wanted to make it. So I (stupidly) painted it black. I then realized I needed to find a way to cut a hole on the top, which I asked my grandfather to do for me. When I got it back I repainted the top where the new hole was, and any other areas that needed to be touched up.



While I was waiting for the hole to be cut, I found some scrapbook paper at AC Moore of a map. I cut a square to fit the back of the box and glued it down. Then I used black letter stickers (the same as this project) for the word "Tickets". Then I screwed the back onto the box.





And that's it! Pretty simple right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment