February 20, 2017

Black and Lace

At this point during winter, I get really bored with my closet and I longingly dream of warmer days. Unfortunately, living in New England, I still have a long way to go before it's warm enough to wear light flowy things. So I have to get creative to keep things interesting. And sometimes that means layering pieces.

Right after the New Years, I went shopping with my future MIL and FIL. I found this simple black sweater there for a great price! I'm trying to get more basic pieces in my wardrobe, and this sweater def falls into the category.


I've had this button down shirt in my closet for a while, but haven't really found a way to wear it that I liked best. When I found this sweater I knew instantly I had found something to wear the button down with. Yay! The lace detail on the collar can dress up any outfit, and pairing it with this simple black sweater is the prefect example.


I paired the two with my bordeaux jeans and black flats to give this outfit some color. But I've also worn them with medium blue jeans and black booties. Since the sweater is black and the collar is white I can add and play with colors in so many fun ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment