November 27, 2018

Pinspiration: Fall Floral Arrangement

Today's Pinspiration is something I didn't think I'd try to make until I had a house. I always imagined cute little flower boxes at all the windows of my future home. But until recently, I never thought about making a small faux flower arrangement for my coffee table or for various holidays.But when I saw this, I was inspired.

Here


Here's what you'll need:
3-5 types of faux flowers (depending on the size of your arrangement)
1-2 types of "fillers"
A vase or container to display the arrangement in
1 square or rectangle of floral foam (here or here)
hot glue
wire cutters


As you can tell from the Pinspiration, they used real flowers. But I wanted mine to last longer than a few weeks, so I went with faux flowers. In my picture, you can see I bought a TON of faux flowers. In reality, due to the size of the floral foam I ended up buying, I would have been fine with one stem of each color/style.

I started with the green flower cluster, right in the center of the square. Since it was larger, I knew I wasn't going to use more than one of these. Then I put four red flowers in the corners of the square, followed by filling in the tops and sides with the four yellow/white flowers. Lastly I took two stems of the faux leaves and put them in the opposite corners.


To secure them, after placing them in the spots I knew I wanted them, I took them back out and then hot glued them in. I got this container from an Edible Arrangement and thought it would be the perfect container. It was longer than the square floral foam I used, so I filled the sides with some pine cones to add to the fall feel. Great for center pieces or regular fall decor. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment