August 13, 2018

Rose Dress

I don't typically wear too many shift dresses. I feel as though one needs to have a certain body type in order to really look great in them, and I don't think I have that type. But on the other hand, there are plenty of people who don't have the body type I'm thinking of, and can totally rock the style....I'm starting of to think this is all in my head...


Regardless of my weird relationship with shift dresses, I found this one recently and decided to give the style another shot. Boy, I'm glad I did! I originally was drawn to this dress because I really liked the roses on it. It reminded me of the rose in Beauty and the Beast, which is one of my favorite Disney movies!

But once I got it home, I totally chickened out of wearing it for MONTHS!! I think part of it was because it's a shift dress, but the other reason was because it's mostly black. And in the summer, that can get really hot! As I was preparing for this shoot, I decided to finally pull it out of my closet and figure out how I can wear it and feel great. After looking through my accessories, I found this belt (which honestly is probably about 12 years old!). I think a thin belt could easily be lost against the print of this dress, and a really wide belt would take away from it. So I'm really glad I kept this belt all these year, because it's right in between, and perfect for this!


Much like wearing a thin belt would easily be lost on this dress, I think a statement necklace could be lost as well. I think I can definitely wear a statement necklace with this in the future, but I don't have one that I think would go well at this point...stay tuned for updates! Since I don't have a necklace I liked with this, I added these black flower earrings. If they were red (or roses) it would have been perfect, but I really like them with this in spite of this. And to complete the whole look, I added my black strappy sandals. Anything more would have been too chunky or thin. And they give me a little bit of a lift, with the kitty heal (sorry Lauren Conrad, but I love these heals!)

I think I'll get a lot of use out of this dress for the rest of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment