May 15, 2018

Pinspiration: Disney Pins

Sometime in the 90s, Disney started selling these pins in their parks (here). At the time, I was little and didn’t think a lot about it, but my parents got a few for my sister and I. The last time I went, I was old enough to buy my own, so I added more to my collection. By the time you read this, B and I will be on our way to Disney, and you can bet I’ll be adding a few more pins to my collection.

Here
When my sister and I first got our pins, our parents bought us lanyards so we had somewhere to keep them. And until recently I just kept them on the lanyard, so I didn’t lose them. My sister has since put them on a board and displayed them, and I totally love what she did. So I figured it was time to make my own, with plenty of room for future pin purchases. 


Here’s what you’ll need:
Foam board
Disney Pins
Any additional details

I don’t have a ton of pins, so I put some construction paper under where my pins will go, so the viewer can tell it's supposed to be Mickey's head. Before sticking them in place, I sort of laid them out in order to make sure there weren't any weird gaps. My sister had also done this shape and I thought that was a cute nod to what the pins are.


Once I had decided where the pins would go, I took the backs off and stuck them in place. The board was thick enough that I didn’t need the backs to hold them in place. But I might go back later and hot glue them in place to make sure they don't fall. I then hot glued the backs to the corners of the board. Again, I don't have a lot at the moment, but there's plenty of room to grow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment