March 12, 2018

Yellow & Faux Leather

I've had this faux leather skirt for a little while, but was worried I couldn't pull it off. And then when I realized, yes it's adorable and I can pull it off, I worried if it was appropriate for work (old Catholic school thoughts on what's "appropriate" still get me from time to time). Clearly I've been able to move past these doubts and have really grown to love this skirt and the outfits that I've created with them.

This was my first "branching out" in wearing this skirt. I had finally decided I wanted to wear this skirt, but needed some guidance on what to wear with it. I searched through the Instagram's of other bloggers I follow, and finally was inspired enough to realize I have this mustard yellow sweater! Normally I wear this sweater with black jeans, so it wasn't too far of a leap to wear it with a black skirt.

Since it's still winter, of course I added black tights and finished the look with black booties. When I wear this sweater with black jeans, I like to add my cheetah scarf and some chunky earrings (the print reminds of a cheetah print, even though it's not). But since this is a whole new outfit, I decided to wear my black diamond dangle earrings.


No comments:

Post a Comment