March 20, 2018

Pinspiration: Egg Candle Holder

I don't decorate too much for Easter (especially compared to Christmas), so when I look for holiday DIYs, I totally look for simple and minimalist things. Today's Pinspiration is no exception: Egg candle holders.

Pinspiration found here
Level of Difficulty: Easy
What you'll need:
4 terracotta trays (I used 2") (here)
Plastic sparkly eggs (here)
Hot glue
Tea Candles


In total I made three columns. For each one, I glue two to three eggs together. Since the eggs I used are made of foam, I had to hold them together a little longer, to let the hot glue dry. Then I let the eggs sit overnight to make sure the glue was truly dry.


While the glue was drying, I decided to paint the trays. I made the two trays that would go on one candle stick the same color, but each candle stick has different colored trays.



Then, once all the pieces were dry, I glued one tray to the bottom of the column, then I glued one on the top.




Scale of difficulty:
Easy-seriously anyone can do this
Low- tiny bit of skill needed
Medium- Some creativity needed
Hard- a decent amount of creative skill needed
Professional- basically I bought this, or hired someone to do it for me

No comments:

Post a Comment