March 27, 2018

Pinspiration: Bunny in a Flower Pot

Growing up I loved bunnies. I thought they were just so cute! And this time of year, I’m reminded of how much I love them. I def wanted to give this DIY a try when I found it!

Pinspiration found here

Here’s what you’ll need:
1 Clay pot (here)
1 Large pom-pom (in the color you choose)
1 medium sized pom-pom in white (here)
1 felt square in the same color as the pom-pom
1 felt square in pink (here - for color)
1 piece of faux “grass & flowers” (something like here)
Hot Glue

Optional:
Paint (for flower pot)



First thing, if you plan on painting the pot a different color, start with that, so it can dry while you’re doing the other parts. If you don't plan on painting the pot, glue your large pom-pom to one side of the pot. I actually had to make my own pom-pom because I couldn't find one in the color I wanted. Here's how I made it. Once the pot was dried (if you chose to paint it), then glue the large pom-pom to the inner rim of the pot


 While the glue/paint is drying, cut the felt that is the same color as the pom-pom, into two circles. These will be the bunny’s feet. Then cut six circles in the pink, this will be the toes on each foot. After you’ve cut the pink circles, glue three down on each “foot”. While that was drying, I took the medium sized white pom-pom and glued it in the center of the large pom-pom.


I am just going to leave the interior of the pot empty, but you could add some Styrofoam and more faux flowers or grass to make the pot look more full. I chose not to do this, but I think my faux flowers fill enough of the pot. In order to hold the flowers in place, I used the hot glue at the very tip of the stem and glued it to the opposite interior corner of the pot, so the plant was “behind” the bunny.


Finally, I took one foot and glued it to the outside of the pot and a little to the left of the large pom-pom. I held for a minute to let the hot glue dry, the I did the same with the other foot and a little to the right.

 

And that’s it! Super cute right?


No comments:

Post a Comment