February 07, 2018

Books I want to Read this Year

I love to read. No, really, I do. I tend to go through bursts, where all I want to do is read. Then I go months without touching a book. I'm not the fastest, so I have an ever growing list of books that have come out that I will eventually get to. Every year with all the new books coming out, my list just grows. After searching a little to see what new books have come out, I've added even more to my list. Here are a few that seem pretty interesting:

Here

The Force of Nature by Jane Harper
"Four coworkers are forced to go on a retreat in the woods. When three of  the women return from a hike, investigators need to figure out what happened to the fourth."

Here

Little Fireflies Everywhere by Celeste Ng
Everything in Shaker Heights, Cleveland is very planned and safe. But when a "free spirit" single mother and her teen daughter move into the neighborhood, to rent from the home of the woman who embodies all the Shaker Heights stands for, they bring more than just challenges to

Here
Gather the Daughters by Jennie Melamed
This book takes place in a post-apocalyptic world, where ten men and their families colonized an island off the mainland. There they created their own society where they  worship ancestors, monitor and control breeding and give a very skewed version of history. Women are only allowed to care for the home and breed children. At the first sign of puberty, a girl is thrust into matrimony to start the cycle all over again. Right on the cusp of matrimony, Caitlin Jacobs and Janey Solomon see the truth, but what can they do about it? 

Here

The Girls in the Garden
by Lisa Jewell
Pip has the ideal childhood. Her and her sister and friends can run around the neighborhood gardens and houses at free will. But one night, Pip finds her older sister Grace unconscious and in her own blood. Maybe this neighborhood isn't as safe as everyone once thought.


Most of these books aren't new to 2018, but while researching books I wanted to read, I feel into a bit of a rabbit hole (and now my list is 50 books longer!). These were a few of the books that really stood out to me, and that I'll probably start the year off reading. What books are you dying to jump into this year?

2 comments:

  1. Behold the Dreamers, Homegoing, Pachenko

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of Behold the Dreamers! These all sound so interesting, I'll add them to my (ever-growing) list! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete