August 14, 2017

Black Shift Dress

I got this dress while B and I were on our honeymoon in New Orleans. He’s not much of a shopper, but of course I had to drag him into a few boutiques while we were down there! How could I not?! There were a lot of cute pieces in this boutique, but this was def the piece I gravitated to the fastest. Maybe it was because of the heat, or the adorable print, but this dress was so cute!


The material is very light, which is one of the reasons why I fell for it. It was probably the hottest day we were down there when we went shopping, so when I tried it on, I was expecting to be uncomfortable because of how hot it was. Well I definitely wasn’t, and immediately I knew this was a good dress. I don’t normally buy dresses this flowy either, but sometimes you just need that dress to throw on and feel totally causal or dressy in.

Another exciting thing about this dress is that it’s actually lined, not that I was worried that I’d be see through. But, as I mentioned, since I don’t wear too many flowy dresses, this added layer makes me feel a little more secure in it, and like I’m not flashing the whole world. Yay!


Since finding this multi-layered necklace at Target, I try to incorporate it as much as possible in my outfits. This dress is prefect with it because of the low neckline and the thin straps. And since the necklace is a bit of a statement piece, I added simple stud earrings, so not to distract too much from the necklace.

This is another one of those dresses that I switch what I wear for shoes every time I wear it. In these pics I’m wearing my black lace up wedges, but I’ve also worn my tan sandals and my beige lace up wedges. Depends on my mood I guess! And finally I love to throw my jean jacket over it, to complete the look.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen you in this dress and I like it--I like it a lot;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have! ha! Thank you! It's super comfortable :)

      Delete