February 28, 2017

Pinspiration: Love/Lucky

I am all for things that have many purposes. It's the best way to get the most bang for your buck! I love it even more when it's a decoration for different holidays. Hooray putting off packing up decorations! :) Today's Pinspiration is just that, a multi-holiday decoration for Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day, found from the same blog, but two different posts!
Here

Here















Here's what you'll need:
Wooden circle (found at Home Depot)
Green, pink and white paint
Gold ribbon (optional)

*Please note: I mixed my own green and pink paint, but you can simply buy the color you want
First I painted one side pink, including half of the edges. Then once that was dry, I painted the other side green, up to where the pink ended on the edges. Again, I let it dry completely. Once both sides were dry, I painted the word "love" on one side (let dry again), and "lucky" on the other side. I chose to paint the letters because I couldn't find stencils or stickers I really liked or that were big enough. So I found a font on Pinterest that I really liked and copied it. I def practiced a few times on a piece of paper before painting it, just to make sure I could actually paint it though!




Then once all the paint is completely dry, you can glue gold ribbon along the edges, to give it a little extra flair! And that's it. Pretty simple, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment