March 14, 2017

Pinspiration: Lucky Sign

I actually found this week’s DIY at Michaels, when shopping for supplies for other DIYs I was working on. They were selling it (and have since sold out), and I loved it, but naturally wanted to put my own touch on it (they have to be aware people are in there to make things themselves right??). Well, that’s exactly what I did, and here’s how you can too!



Level of difficulty/creative genes needed: easy
What you’ll need:
1 wooden board
White, green and gold and black paint
Wooden letters L U C K Y (unless you want to paint the letters)


First I painted the wood white, the letters L, C, K, and Y green and the U gold. I also added some black dots on the U to make it look more like a horse shoe. After letting all the pieces sit for a while to completely dry, I glued each letter going down the piece of wood. And that's all I did!



If you're interested in making this a sign you can hang, I would start by drilling two holes at the top. Once all of the paint and glue are completely dry, put a short piece of rope thru the holes and tie a knot on each end, so it would stay in place. So cute!



Scale of difficulty:
Easy-seriously anyone can do this
Low- tiny bit of skill needed
Medium- Some creativity needed
Hard- a decent amount of creative skill needed
Professional- basically I bought this, or hired someone to do it for me

No comments:

Post a Comment