January 11, 2017

Wedding Tips: Shopping for Wedding Bands

Before setting out to find a wedding band that I liked, I thought this was going to be the easiest thing on my list. Because my ring is uniquely shaped, finding a band was a little trickier than I anticipated. There are so many different styles, narrowing it down to one can be tricky!

So I def suggest shopping around on various jeweler’ websites (not just Tiffany’s), searching on google, and (surprise, surprise!) looking on Pinterest. One important part of the search, though, should be looking at similar engagement rings to yours paired with wedding bands you like. Many wedding bands are designed specifically to be paired with a diamond solitaire, which may no compliment your engagement ring, as is the case with mine, a 3-stone ring.



This search will not only give you a better idea of what styles you like with the ring you have, but will also provide a cost range. At first, I was a little nervous about the expense, but after looking around I felt more comfortable, and I knew what my budget would be.

Once you’ve narrowed down styles you like, the next step would be to go to an actual jeweler to try them on. I was very intimidated to do this because I did not want to be pressured into buying a ring I wasn’t crazy about (luckily I wasn't). But this was a very helpful step. I went to quite a few different stores (and sometimes even different branches of the same company). Most of the stores the sales person was very helpful. They let me try on as many styles as I wanted and once they figured out what I liked, suggested other styles I hadn’t considered.



Much like your wedding dress (and partner), when you find the one you love, you’ll know. So again, make sure you know your budget and stick with it. A few times the sales person asked what my budget was, so they knew to show me only those rings in that price range, which greatly helped cut out the temptation to buy a more expensive ring.

Keep in mind that this process, much like getting your dress fitted, takes some time. Most places I went to needed 4-8 weeks. Why does it take so long? Well more often than not, they will special order your size because they don’t carry most sizes in store. But this is beneficial since resizing a ring may loosen the prongs that hold in the stones in the band. So make sure to start this hunt early enough for it to take the 8 weeks, just in case something goes wrong and they need more time (which hopefully it won’t).

No comments:

Post a Comment