January 03, 2017

Pinspiration: 2017 Sparkle Candles

Today's Pinspiration is one of the prettiest ways I've seen to bring in the New Year! But be warned, it's soo messy! So make sure the kids and pets are not in the room!

I've clearly had this idea in my back pocket for a while, I'm so excited to finally use it!

Here's what you'll need:
Four plain white candles
Four tubes of different colored sparkles
Large peel and stick numbers that include 2-0-1-7
Mod Podge



First, I peeled and pressed a number on each of the candles (the 2 on one candle, the 0 on the next candle, etc). Next, I poured out one of the tubes of sparkles onto a piece of cardboard. Then I took the Mod Podge and painted one of the candles completely, and immediately rolled it in the sparkle until the whole candle was covered. I set it aside for a night to make sure it was completely dry.



I repeated these steps, using the silver and green on the 3 remaining candles.




I really enjoyed burning them on New Year's Eve! Happy DIYing!

No comments:

Post a Comment