December 19, 2016

Velvet Dress


This dress reminds me so much of holiday dresses my sister and I wore for Christmas when we were little. How you ask: the velvet. It was the 90s after all. This version is def the adult version of what we wore as kids. I found this dress two winters ago at Kohl’s, when I was on my long sleeved dress hunt (see story here). Velvet hadn’t quite made its way back into the main stream, but I thought it was really cute, so on a whim I got it and wore it to Christmas that year! Two years later I still look forward to busting it out for holiday parties.



I really like pairing it with black tights, either sheer or non-sheer. Personally I think the dress is a little short, so wearing it with some tights makes me feel more comfortable about the length. And of course I love wearing it with my black booties. The black tights with the black booties make my legs look a lot longer than they really are, which gives me the illusion of being taller! Love when that happens!



Have you incorporated any velvet into your holiday wardrobe? 

No comments:

Post a Comment