November 29, 2016

Pinspiration: Remembrall

This post is for all you Harry Potter fans out there who are looking for a quick and easy DIY project.


For those of you not familiar, or for those of you who've forgotten, a Remembrall is a glass ball that contains unusually helpful smoke. Normally it's a white color, but if the owner has forgotten something, the smoke will turn red. We see it in the first Harry Potter movie/book (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone), when Neville's grandmother sends him one, but he can't remember what he's forgotten.

Neville in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

So how do you make your own Remembrall? All you'll need is a clear ornament, red ribbon and gold ribbon, and glue, I used Mod Podge. First I took the gold ribbon and wrapped it from the top of the ornament, around the bottom and back up to the top. Then I cut it and glued it with Mod Podge to the ornament. Since the Mod Podge needs at least 10-15 minutes to dry, I did this in sections, so I could hold the drying piece in place. Once that was truly dry, I cut a short amount of the red ribbon and put it in the ornament. The ribbon I have is kinda thick, so I folded it in half and used a toothpick to help me put it all the way in the ornament. And that's it! Really simple for this time of year and totally discreetly nerdy!

Everything you'll need.

Once the Mod Podge is dry.

All the red ribbon I used.

Folding it to get it in.

Finished!



Good luck remembering!


No comments:

Post a Comment