October 12, 2016

Travel Tips: How to Pack Jewelry

I'm not going to lie, when I first started travelling for work this year, I would take the jewelry I was going to wear and throw it into a zip lock bag and hope for the best. Most of the time I would actually get lucky and my necklaces wouldn't be too tangled. But there were def a few times that I thought about just taking a pair of scissors to the necklaces and cutting my loss (literally). Luckily, I recently found some helpful suggestions to keep everything tangle free and easier to access while going to and from your destination.

Some jewelry, esp when ordered online, comes in its own cloth jewelry bag, which is a fantastic way to protect your (fake and real) jewels. But here's the problem: if you're anything like me, you bring a lot of options because who can ever decide? I could easily pack 20 of these little cloth bags for a week of travel, adding a lot of bulk to my already limited suitcase space.

So, what's the solution? One great tip I found suggests using a bendy straw to string your delicate chain necklace thru. This way the chain won't get tangled with itself or others around it. How clever right?

Packing necklaces so they don't tangle


Another cute idea for keeping jewelry organized is to use a button for earrings. By using a larger button, you can attach each earring thru the hole and keep them together!

Storing earrings on buttons


And finally, store earrings and smaller necklaces in a pill case. By placing each piece into its own individual, covered compartment, they won't get lost or tangled! Perfect!

Another way to pack earrings and delicate necklaces


Happy Travels!

2 comments:

  1. Great and practical ideas--I will employ them the next time I go on a long or short trip. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've only tried the straw and the button ideas and they work pretty well for me! But the pill case is pretty clever too!

    ReplyDelete