October 11, 2016

Pinspiration: Bloody Candles

Now that it's October, I feel like the Halloween spirit is in full swing, and naturally I want to try some fun DIY projects to put up around our apartment. Over the last 4 years, I have def made a few things for both Halloween and Christmas (stay tuned for those), and some are just so cute and festive that I wanted to share them with you!




So this week's Pinspiration are Bloody Candles. All you'll need to make this is a white candle (I did a pair, but the amount you make is up to you!),  a red candle (I only needed one) and a lighter or matches. I used a thick pillar style for the white candle, so it would stand out on our coffee table. And for the red I used one taper candle. This is meant to be displayed on a candle plate rather than in a jar.



Place the plain white candle on a piece of tin foil. Light the red candle (PSA: please, please, please be careful with the flame! No matter how cute these will turn out, you are still dealing with fire, so please watch where your're holding the flame and make sure no pets or children are around while you're making these). It only takes about a minute or so for the red candle to start melting, and as it does, begin turning the white candle, allowing the red wax to drip over the edge, giving the effect of bleeding a candle.

I spun the white candle at least 2 times, the first time the red melted part didn't drip down too far, but the second time it went pretty far. This way you can also go back and cover any gaps in the red wax, if you want.



Then, once the white candle is covered to the degree you desire, blow out what's left of the red candle. When I finished, about half of the red candle was left. Once the wax has cooled, move it to the plate, and your spooky candle is done!


No comments:

Post a Comment