September 02, 2016

Fav things to do in the Fall

The older I get, the more I really enjoy fall. Since I live in New England I'm lucky enough to witness the turning of the leaves and experience the change in the weather at this time every year. And with these changes, there are different things I love doing to make this time of year just a little more fun and special. Here are my top 5 things I look forward to every fall:

1. Apple Picking
Walking thru an apple orchards is just so fun and beautiful! Plus, afterwards, you have plenty of apples to make apple pies and other treats. :)




2. Admire the foliage
Luckily this is as easy and daily for me as driving to work or the food store. If you've never been to NE at this time of year, it really is worth the trip. Pictures don't do it justice!

3. Pumpkin Picking and Carving
Every year growing up, my parents would take my sister and me to pick pumpkins so we could carve them in preparation for Halloween. I have such fond memories from all those years ago that I just wanted to keep the tradition going! The perfect opportunity to do just that presented itself when I found out B had never carved a pumpkin, and so it's become an fall ritual for us. Also baking the pumpkin seeds are super yummy!






4. Decorate for fall and Halloween
I think I've finally decided that Halloween is my favorite holiday (after many years of debating between this and Christmas). So at the end of September I get super excited to decorate for Halloween. I have tons of little things to put out and every year I find new DIYs to try. They're just so cute and a little creepy/weird. I just love it!



5. Watch Halloween movies
Going along with decorating for Halloween, I love Halloween movies. Well, not the scary ones (you can keep Michael Myers and the Chain Saw Massacre movies...I'd never sleep again!), but Hocus Pocus, Casper and Nosferatu...I'd watch them year round!


Well, there you have it. What sort of things do you look forward to doing at this time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment