August 23, 2016

Pinspiration: Card Keepsakes

I am the type of person who likes to keep birthday, Christmas and any other type of cards I've received throughout my life. The messages people have written in them for me are so sweet! For the longest time I put them in a memory box, which just collected dust, hidden away. So during the many hours I've (shamelessly) spent on Pinterest, I've found a creative idea to display them:

Today's Pinspiration

I liked this idea of creating a type of book to display the cards. And this is a simple way to show what's in the ring. And, if you want, the cards are easy to open and read. I put a piece of card-stock with what year will follow in between each year so I knew when one year started and the other ended, but that's just my OCD. Also, I made the piece of card stock a little bit bigger than the tallest and widest card in that ring-- cards do come in all shapes and sizes!




One thing to keep in mind is the amount you're putting on each ring. When there isn't a lot per ring, it will lock and stay closed. Once you put more on each ring, it gets heavy and doesn't stay closed. I've broken up birthdays and holidays and even years for this reason. I like to keep the year (for example: Christmas 2014) together, so if there was enough room for some of 2014 on one ring, but not all of the cards from that year, I just started a whole new ring.

Here's one of the rings I've made so far:




Happy DIYing!

No comments:

Post a Comment