March 15, 2018

Open Front and Velvet


As many of you know, velvet has become really popular again this fall and winter. I totally love it, but there are certain trends I go all in on, and others I add in small doses to my wardrobe. This trend is one that I don’t want to go too crazy on. As I’ve mentioned before, I was totally the 90s kid dressed to the 9s in velvet holiday dresses, so I have a little fear in the back of my mind that I could look like that again.


So this tank was the perfect amount. To not look too dressy or 90s holiday dress, I like to wear my destressed jeans. And since it’s still really cold here in Boston, I have to wear it with some type of sweater. So I typically add a chunky tan sweater, which is legit the warmest open front sweater I own. Because it’s open front, I do worry the cold air will go right down my front, but it’s so warm, even if I don’t have it “closed”, I am still really warm! That’s super important at this time of year here! But for warmer days, like today, I have this lighter open front sweater to wear, so I don’t sweat to death. It's the same color, but is a lot lighter so I can continue to wear it as it gets warmer out (but not warm enough to wear it on it's own).


I’ve played with a few different accessories, but I think I’ve decided I really like to wear this layered gold necklace. The tank is so cute and simple that it doesn’t need a whole lot of accessories. 


No comments:

Post a Comment