September 12, 2017

Pinspiration: Salmon, Brussels Sprouts and Asparagus: A Meal

A salmon, some asparagus and couple Brussels sprouts walk into a bar…

Ok so this isn’t really a joke about salmon, asparagus and brussels sprouts, in case you thought it was. As I’ve mentioned, I've slowly started testing out different meals and I REALLY love this one. One thing to know about me, is that I love salmon! I would eat it all the time if I could. So when I wanted to start cooking a tiny bit more (see explanation here), I figured why not find something that I really love to eat?
Found this yummy dish here

Here’s what you’ll need:
1 large salmon filet (depending on how many people you’re feeding you may need more)
1 bag of frozen brussel sprouts
1 bunch of thin asparagus
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of butter
Garlic salt, salt and pepper


The recipe that I followed uses the frozen brussels sprouts that you can microwave and use as is. I did not get frozen the first time I tried, so I steamed mine on the stove top (here’s super easy instructions that I found). While the Brussels sprouts were steaming, I turned the oven on to 400F. Then I placed the salmon, skin-side down in the middle of the Pyrex pan. Then I placed the uncooked asparagus on one side (make sure to cut a little bit off the bottoms to ensure the best flavor). Once the brussels sprouts were done, I strained the extra water out, then placed them on the other side of the salmon.


Over the veggies, I drizzled the olive oil and garlic salt (no, I didn’t actually measure the 2 Tbsp—I just made sure everything had a little). Then I seasoned the salmon with the salt, pepper, and garlic salt. The recipe I found also says fish seasoning, but I’m not going to lie, I don’t know what that is, so I skipped it. I still thought it was really tasty! J After that I cut two small pieces of butter and put them on top of the salmon. Then I placed the pan in the oven and cooked for 20 minutes. The piece I bought was pretty thick (hence the cut in the middle), so I had to leave it in for an extra 10 minutes. Just be prepared that depending on thickness, it could take a little longer.




Once it was cooked completely, I took it out a served! SO good! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was easy, nutritious and delicious--my kind of recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was all of those things! Now my kind of recipe!

    ReplyDelete