July 11, 2017

Pinspiration: Strawberry Peach Sangria

Today's Pinspiration is from Lemon Tree Dwelling.

When the summer weather finally comes, all I want to drink (when out with the girls or B) are sangria's. The light fruity flavors remind me so much of summer and I love it! Here in New England, the summer is short, so I try to soak it all in when it finally arrives!

Image from Lemon Tree Dwelling

Here's what you'll need:
1 1.5L bottle of white wine (I used my fave: Barefoot Sauvignon Blanc)
1/2 cup of white rum (I bought a pint of: Bacardi)
1/4 cup of peach schnapps
1 cup of sliced strawberries
1 whole peach, cut into slices
plain seltzer

If you haven't already, start by cutting up the strawberries and peach. Remember, they will be in the drink, so don't make them too small. I think bigger pieces are easier to "catch" and eat :) Once they're all cut up, pour the whole bottle of wine, the 1/2 cup of white rum, and the 1/4 cup of peach schnapps into a pitcher. Add your sliced fruit then place in the fridge until cold enough to serve.


When you are ready to enjoy with your friends and family, leave room at the top of the glass to add a little plain seltzer. Then, enjoy!


PS did anyone else notice that I totally forgot the peaches in my own sangria?! Whoops!!

Cheers Darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment