April 21, 2017

How to Store Tall Boots

For the longest time I didn't even think about how I was going to store my tall boots during the summer. It would start to get warm out, and I'd reach for them less and less. Leaving them exactly how I last touched them until the following fall and winter. More often than not, my boots would have been left in a funky position, so I'd have to work at getting them back to their normal shape. A few times, the damage was done. Recently I realized if I stored my boots properly, they would keep their shape and not be damaged when I reach for them in the fall. I know, I can't believe it took me this long to figure it out either! There are so many storage containers and racks that you can buy to help store your boots, but I found a few creative ideas already in my home.

One idea I found was to take a tension rod and hang it at the bottom of your closet. Then take pant hangers that "pinch" and hang your boots up!

Idea found here

Another idea I found was to take pool noodles and cut them to the height of your boot. When you're not wearing them, simply put the noodle in the boot and stand them wherever you store your boots. This is really great for OTK boots, since you can cut the noodles to the height you need!

Idea found here

Lastly the idea I found, and use myself, is to use empty wine bottles. After drinking all the wine (you could use full bottles too if you really want), I wash the bottle, so I don't get any leftover wine on my boots. Then I let it dry overnight. Then I put them in my boots. Now the only problem with this is that wine bottles are generally the same height, so this doesn't work for my taller boots. But I actually keep the bottles of wines I really enjoyed or that were drank to celebrate, so I don't mind that this only works for some of my boots.




So many good ideas to keep our boots looking good, season after season! Hooray for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment