February 07, 2017

Pinspiration: Hershey Kiss Jar

As I mentioned on Friday, B and I keep Valentine's Day pretty low key. This carries over into how I decorate our apartment too. So when it came time to find DIYs for today, I wanted to find simple understated things. And here we are. The best part is that this project was way more simple than I thought it would be! Win!

Pinspiration found here

Here's what you'll need:
1 Glass bowl (here)
1 Clay Pot (here)
1 Clay Saucer (here)
Black paint
1 bag of Hershey Kisses
Hot Glue


As you may see in store or online, there are clay pots and saucers already painted in black chalk paint. I didn't want mine to be painted in chalk paint, but if you want that of course, go for it! So if you didn't buy the pot and saucer with the chalk paint on it, the first thing I did was paint mine black. Since this is for Valentine's, you can obviously go with red or pink paint as well. I went with black because the Hershey kisses that I used were wrapped in pink and red and I didn't want it to be overkill.


Once the pot and tray were dry, I took the pot and flipped it upside down. I put a ring of hot glue on the bottom and put the glass bowl on it and held it in place for a few minutes to dry. Then I filled the bowl with the Hershey Kisses and placed the tray on top. I did not glue the tray to bowl so I can actually eat the Hershey Kisses, and then refill when needed. I would def suggest putting this in a place where it won't get knocked over so the tray won't break.



It's really that simple! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment