January 20, 2017

Great Podcasts I've Found

The commute to my office is pretty long; I do not live by and there is normally heavy traffic along the way, plus, when I'm not at my office, I'm on the road for work. Basically, I spend a vast amount of time in the car. To pass the time, I listen to music mixes I've created or  simply call many of the people in my contact list, but sometimes I need something more than just these two options, so, I’ve begun listening to Podcasts.

There are SO many different kinds of podcasts out there. Literally every topic you can think of, there’s a podcast for it. I am always looking for new ones, but I have found a few that I love!



Attaboy Clarence /The Secret History of Hollywood
This podcast is all about old movies and TV shows. Adam, the host, introduces listeners to movies and TV shows based on a theme he picked for that episode. Then he plays a radio version of a movie (which is my favorite part!). FYI, not all radio recordings are in the best condition, since they are fairly old. Many recordings are quite clear, while others sound really scratchy. Regardless of the condition, it’s totally worth a listen!


Karen and Georgia, the hosts, are absolutely hilarious. I’m really interested in murder mysteries (as long as they are eventually solved), so this is a great podcast. Karen and Georgia present different murder cases, reading them to listeners. Doesn't sound like much, but the stories are fascinating. And the added opinions from Karen and Georgia are what we're all thinking! The first time I listened to My Favorite Murder, I was surprised with how off-topic they can get, but now I feel like I’m listening to a conversation with my friends and I love it! They def don't take themselves too seriously, and encourage listeners to likewise (one of their catchphrases is "fuck politeness"). They’re a lot of fun, and the murders they discuss are quite interesting. They even feature episodes dedicated to listeners' hometown murders, whereby listeners write in and have their stories read on the program.




Stuff Mom Never Told You
Right before I was about to write this post, I found out that the show ended with 2016. I am so bummed, regardless of it ending, it's archive is chocked full with amazing episodes, but it's still totally worth a listen. I have learned so much about what it means to be a woman in our world today, and that we still have a long way to go to achieve equality. To be clear, this is not an angry, man-hating, feminist podcast. It's really interesting, informative and empowering! 

I am always on the lookout for new and different podcasts, but for now these are def my top 3. Although they could not be more different from each other in topic, they are equally interesting. Stay tuned for updates when I find more!


*All pictures are from each podcast's individual websites*

No comments:

Post a Comment