December 06, 2016

Pinspiration: North Pole

I found this DIY a few years ago, but I struggled to find the fake snow to put on the bottom so I ended up putting it on the back burner and kinda forgot about it. Then this year, I randomly stumbled upon a bag of the fake snow at Target, and I knew I could finally complete this project. I think this is a really cute DIY if you have kids, but even if you don't it's a really cute way to get yourself into the holiday spirit.

My Pinspiration from here


So here's what you'll need:
1 solar light
1 foam circle
Snow-Tex (found here)
Mod Podge
If your solar light is not white or red, you will need either paint or tape to create the the stripes
Popsicle stick
paper shapes



My solar light wasn't red and white striped, so I bought white spray paint and red duck tape. While I waited for the spray paint to dry, I used to Mod Podge on the foam circle and applied the snow-Tex.


I waited a whole day, just to make sure everything was completely dry before wrapping the red duck tape around the pole of the solar light. I bought pre-cut paper shapes with a nice boarder to use for the sign. On both sides I wrote: North Pole.


No comments:

Post a Comment