September 06, 2016

Orphan Train: A Review

I know this book came out last summer, but I recently borrowed if from my local public library and was able to read it finally! And as I expected I couldn't put it down, just not for the reasons I thought.

Photo credit: Amazon
I originally thought it was about children in Europe during WWII being brought out to the country on trains to be safer from the on-going war. While the book does have parts that take place during the war, it actually began in the early 1900s and unfolds in the contemporary US.

It starts in current time where we meet Molly. We quickly learn that she has been in many foster homes, never really feeling like she belonged. When she gets into trouble again, she pushes her foster parents to think about giving her back. In order to try and make up for her "crime", she volunteers to clean an old woman's attic for her. Will this woman be of more help to Molly than she expects?

I know I haven't really said too much here, but I don't want to give away anything! This normally isn't the type of book that holds my interest, but it really was great! Def worth a read!

No comments:

Post a Comment