July 12, 2016

You Make Me Happy

Today's Pinspiration is inspired by a song my mom used to sing to my sister and me when we were little. When I stumbled upon it I knew I had to make it! And when I was done, my sister wanted one too.

So here is the original picture I found on Pinterest:

DIY found on Pinterest

At first I thought she had used construction paper or a textured paper to make the background. Regardless of how she had done it, I decided to just paint a plain canvas black.

When the paint dried, I laid out the bottom layer with a combination of large and small buttons that are grey and white. I tried using all grey (since grey clouds are the ones that rain), but it looked a little off. I ended up liking the combination of the two, so that's what I used. Then I used a hot glue to glue them down.




After the glue dried, I laid out the second layer of the buttons. With this layer I tried to put the buttons mostly in between the outer most buttons and the buttons more in the middle. Again I hot glued them down.





Finally, once the middle layer's glue has dried, I laid out the top layer. Again this layer was a little closer to the middle. 




When the buttons were all securely glued down, I glued little "drops" of rain. Then I wrote the quote "You make me happy when skies are grey" to complete it.

So what do you think? Will you give it a try? 

No comments:

Post a Comment