June 10, 2017

May in Review

Hello Darlings! I wanted to write a post about why I’ve been MIA for the last month. It has been a heart breaking, and amazing, super busy, but so-worth-it type of month. And because of all of that I had no time at all whatsoever to work on the blog. So where do I begin to update you all?? Well, if you haven’t seen my Facebook or Instagram, B and I got MARRIED!!!!!


That’s right folks! After a year and a half of planning, on May 13th-our 9-year anniversary, we got married in front of our closest family and friends. And it was the most magical day. For the most part, everything went smoothly, but the day before, as we were finalizing details and worrying about the rain (the ceremony was supposed to be outside), we were given an amazing opportunity from the venue to change to their sister location, which was bigger and only about 15 minutes down the road from our original location. Without even hesitating I agreed to the change without thinking about all the work I just created. Luckily I have the best family and friends, everyone jumped on the phone to reach out to those who hadn’t heard the news yet. A little hectic, but it was SOOOO worth it! 




We didn’t rush to leave on our honeymoon the next day, B’s parents ended up actually throwing a nice brunch at their house to celebrate a little bit more. It was the perfect low key day to follow up the big event the night before. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who is planning a wedding. You spend so much time planning and thinking about this day, and for it to just be done, and life goes back to normal the next day, is a little weird. So a brunch-type thing is perfect!




For our honeymoon we went to New Orleans! It’s a place that was very high on B and my list of places to go, so when we agreed, I was so excited. I’m not going to lie though, I really didn’t even think about the trip until we were packing and then heading to the airport. Weddings seriously consume your brain, so I had very little time, other than when we made our registry (see here) and booked, to even think about what we were going to do! Luckily B, being the foodie that he is, planned all of the restaurants and bars he wanted to go to. So all I had to do was find the things we were going to do. We had such a blast taking Swamp Tours, Cemetery Tours and wandering the city. It really was beautiful and the history is fascinating! I absolutely recommend a visit. Stay tuned for a full review later this month!




But just because you’ve planned this day for a year plus, life doesn’t stop moving around you. And the reality of that weighed very heavy on me and my family’s hearts as we were so excited to see my Grandmother fight with every ounce of her being to make it to our wedding. I will hold the memory of having her there for our day very close to my heart for the rest of my life, because on May 17th she passed away. The services were able to be pushed off until B and I returned, which I will forever appreciate being able to be there to say goodbye.


As you can see, my life for the last month has been wonderful, devastating, emotional and adventurous. It felt like I blinked and the month was gone. But what about the future? Like I said, life doesn’t stop because I planned a wedding. Well, B and I have already start planning what we want to do. And boy, do we have a lot of exciting things in our future! In terms of this blog, I am going to start posting again (like I mentioned above)! And for a little while longer, I will continue to have Wedding Tip posts. So don’t worry if I haven’t covered a topic you wanted to see. Thanks for sticking around!


Love, Jen

4 comments:

  1. It was a rollercoaster of emotions during the month of May, that's is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jen, what a glorious wedding you and B created and we were so happy that your Grandma got to witness your love and joy. I'm sure it meant everything for her to be there with all of your family. I look forward to seeing more of your tales from New Orleans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We were soooo happy Grandma made it too! It made the day that much more special. New Orleans post, coming soon!

      Delete