November 22, 2016

Tipsy Hot Chocolate

The colder it gets, the more I tend to want hot chocolate! Does anyone else have these winter cravings? Lately, I've been interested in taking this childhood classic and turning it into an adult fave. I know the most common way to do this is by adding Bailey's - which don't get me wrong, is amazing - but sometimes I just wanna switch up the classic for something new.

Hot Chocolate anyone?

So when I went to make my first mug of  hot chocolate this year, I searched for adult hot chocolate. I came across this one, and knew I wanted to give it a shot. I'm actually not a red wine drinker, but I happened to have a bottle I wasn't sure what to do with. So I figured this was a win-win!



Here's what you'll need:
1 1/2 cup of milk (I used 1%)
1 cup of red wine (I used 90+ Cellars Old Vine Malbec)
1/3 cup of chocolate chunks (based off the recipe I found, she said dark chocolate was too rich--all I had was milk and it tasted delicious!)


Combine all three ingredients in a pan on medium heat. Stir until all of the chocolate chunks are melted. Once everything is mixed and hot, it's ready to serve!



This should make about one really large mug or 4-6 small glasses. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment