September 14, 2016

Travel Tips: How to Pack for Wrinkle Free Clothes

One of the biggest hassles of travelling is trying to not looking like you slept in your clothes. Something about nicely folding your clothing into a suitcase, makes them go bonkers and get all wrinkly by the time you arrive at your destination. What's up with that?! Since it's so annoying, I've been trying out the best ways to pack my clothes for my trips.

Naturally if you Google: best ways to pack (or type something of that nature), there will be millions of suggestions. I tried some of the more interesting ones, and ended up with tangled messes after TSA felt it necessary to "randomly" select my bag for a check. Not good for me or keeping my clothes wrinkle free. But eventually I found 2 different ways to pack my clothes are (surprisingly)  effective: "traditional folding" and "the roll". Let me explain:























Traditional folding is what is sounds like: folding your clothes so they look like they do when you go shopping. I think I worked too long in retail to break this habit of folding. Most of the time I only pile clothes on top of each other so at most I will have 2 faint fold lines. Nothing hanging on a hanger in the bathroom while I shower can't fix!

The other style is "The Roll". This is where you take your clothes and roll them instead of folding. By this I mean: take a shirt and fold it in half (I know, it does include a little bit of folding). I normally start at the bottom, (I suppose this is personal preference) and roll it to the neckline. For pants, it's pretty much the same thing: fold the pants in half, bringing both legs together. Straighten out the legs, so they lay flat, then starting at the ankle, roll until you've got to the waist. When you're done, you'll have a nicely rolled shirt and pants.




Or for pants:




These two ways of packing are the best for me, but one thing to keep in mind is everything else you'll be packing. Will you be bringing any hats? What about cosmetics? Or shoes? Depending on how much of the "extra" stuff I'm bringing, the way I pack may vary.






Which way works best for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment